We all have colds, so the last two or three days have been even less eventful than a trip to KFC. Hazel has an ear infection--any advice for getting a 2 year old to take gross antibiotics? I don't have a medicine dropper thingy, so I can't just hold her down and squirt it in. She's already knocked it out of my hand once today.... So, I will post photos when there's actually a photo worth taking (i.e., one in which we are not all dripping in thick, pink goo). Fortunately, this is the first time we've gotten sick since we arrived in Taiwan. Unfortunately, it happened to occur on Mike's birthday. So much for all our plans! Thus, in lieu of a party or a fun dinner out, I have composed a top ten list of Mike's best qualities. Happy Birthday, Chuck!
Top Ten Reasons I am Glad Mike Was Born
10. Even though he can't name 4 main characters on "Facts of Life," he CAN fix any problem with any car at any time, and in any place.
9. He doesn't care if he ever owns a cashmere sweater (I, on the other hand.....)
8. He actually feels guilty if he ever--once in a blue moon--has a lazy day.
7. He likes China, but he's not like a freak about it or something. Yeah.
6. He is not afraid to change gross diapers, give baths, administer medication, rub neosporin onto open wounds, tweeze slivers, cut toenails, and deal with dead mice, but he hates to touch dirty dishes.
5. He still thinks it's funny to say "pull my finger" and he also says it in Chinese (see #7).
4. He does not care about the current status of the Jolie-Pitts.
3. He won't wear polo shirts.
2. He considers his feet to be his most attractive feature (even though he has many very attractive features).
1. He still likes me after all these years, which means he is extremely forgiving and patient and that he has impeccable taste.
Happy birthday to Mike!!