So, today I turned thirty. I guess I should be all reflective and pensive and somber and full of thought about what I've done with my life and what I wish to continue to do with my life. In reality, I am just trying to figure out how I can get my hands on a chocodile. But, in the interest of posterity, here is a list of things I either have done or would like to do now that I am thirty.
1. Get masters degree (have done)
2. Get PhD (wish to do)
3. Write best-selling novel under the pen name "Pippy McSqueaker" (wish to do)
4. Have three kids (have done)
5. Be DONE having kids (???????)
6. Look people in the eye when I meet them for the first time, shake their hands firmly, and state my full name really confidently, like this: "Carly Paul, how the hell are you?" (wish to do)
7. Live in foreign land (have done)
8. Live in London while writing best selling novel under the pen name "Pippy McSqueaker" (wish to do).
9. Find opportunity to say "I don't understand the question and I won't respond to it" in normal conversation (wish to do)
10. Find opportunity to use the word "gauche" appropriately in normal conversation (have done)
11. Walk into movie theater, buy large popcorn with extra butter, then walk out without seeing a movie (have done)
12. Punch someone in the face (wish to do)
13. Have someone write a touching tribute to me on their blog (wish to do)
14. Visit the home town of Vlad Dracula (wish to do)
15. Visit Alcatraz (have done)
16. Sit in the Senate bathtub in the basement of the capital building in Washington DC (have done)
17. See U2 in concert 4 times (have done)
18. See Bob Dylan in concert (have done)
19. See the White Stripes or the Raconteurs in concert (wish to do)
20. Exercise regularly in a non-obnoxious and unassuming way and genuinely enjoy it (wish to do).
Happy birthday to me. I ordered some shoes and a sweater from Old Navy as a gift to myself. Mike bought me a hat rack and rocking chair and took me out for my traditional hunk of birthday meat. Snakerivermama took me out to lunch and is feeding me dinner, as well; my mom gave me another set of Fiesta ware, my dad gave me a Pottery Barn gift card, my mother in law is sending something from Land's End, Hoss is sending something that I'm sure will be cute and charming, Kacy sent me a Stendig calendar, Holden brought me breakfast in bed. So....what are YOU doing for me?