Thursday, April 30, 2009

What I've Been Doing

I admit that it's been a while since I last posted on this blog. I've been trying to get back on the wagon re: my internet addiction, which according to an article on cnn.com, is a real addiction and could be the result of a mental disorder. A MENTAL DISORDER. So I've been a bit squeamish about blogging lately. But my squeamishness didn't last long and now I realize that if I am going to choose a drug, blogging is not such a bad drug. It's sort of like art. And, according to my son's elementary school anti drug slogan, art is a better choice. So, true to my art form of choice, I present you with

Ten Things I've Done Lately:

10. Cooped and fenced our chickens
Can you believe Mike built this awesome chicken coop from no pattern?

9. Told Holden the truth about the tooth fairy even as we celebrated his milestone loss of a top front tooth.


8. Watched while Holden and Mike prepared our garden spot.


7. Freaked out about Swine Flu.

6. Watched while Mike took down the awful carport and almost cried while he put huge wooden beams into place.


5. Made a curtain for my bathroom window, which was only the result of feeling semi-human again now that our little Ruby is sleeping through the night (knock on wood).


4. Worked on injecting some color and pattern into my serenely beige bathroom color palette. I'm not sure it's working (I plan on painting the walls mint green soon).

3. Wrote two newspaper articles: one about our chickens and one about Mothers Day (articles forthcoming).

2. Humiliated myself at Walmart by providing my unsolicited endorsement of those fancy gama lids that go on five gallon buckets (they really ARE great and they really ARE worth it, whether you want to know that or NOT!)

1. GOT BANGS! I told my stylist that I wanted significant bangs. "Hannah Montana bangs?" she queried. "....yes...." I whispered.

Are they significant enough?

11 comments:

  1. Much cuter than Hannah Montana. And your coop is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bangs are so significant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bangs, Carly. And you have been up to A LOT! That chicken coop is awesome - tell Mike I said so. I really like the bathroom, too. Do you want to come to my house and do all of my projects? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jana,
    If your projects consist of crooked curtains with ugly seams, then I'd LOVE to share my expertise with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your hair! The bangs are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mike is so talented. I can't believe he made that coop without a pattern. And your bangs look great! (& much better on you than on Hannah Montana, I'll add)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bangs on you. I'm a bang person as you know. Also neat roof on the chicken coop! What do you have planted in your garden? The soil looks good. You are busy people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Martha Stewart should be scared.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so jealous that you have chickens! Do you have araucanas? If you don't, get you some. Their eggs would match your bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What industry! I'm impressed and jealous...having no land myself. Good for you for working yours.

    And I love your bangs.

    ReplyDelete