10. OH! You cut your hair . . . (response: no, my son did it while I was sleeping! Can you believe it?)
9. You cut your hair . . . WOW (with raised eyebrows) (response: you're wearing socks with sandals . . . WOW)
8. Wow, I could never have my hair that short . . . but it's good on you. (response: I know! It must be a real challenge to have that kind of bone structure. Your style is so restricted!)
7. How did you ever have the courage to cut your hair? You are so brave. (response: yeah, those hair stylists are real bastards)
6. Look what you did to your hair! (touching it and looking mournful) (response: you can send your condolences to www.yourafool.com)
5. Oh, good, you cut your hair. I never liked it the way it was before. (response: really? Well, as long as we are being honest, I never liked your ex husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend, either!)
4. Your hair must be so easy to do now! (response: yeah, and combined with the sweatpants I plan on wearing every day, my "I give up" look is complete!)
3. Sometimes people don't say anything. This can only mean that they follow the old adage "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all." However their pointed silence on the subject speaks VOLUMES more than an insincere "your hair looks nice" would. Just lie, people. It takes nothing away from you to give a compliment, even if it isn't 100% how you feel inside. God wants you to uplift people. (response: there is no response, only righteous indignation).
2. I prefer your sister/cousin/friend's hair cut. It has fewer layers in the back. (response: Really? Well, shoot. I prefer your sister/cousin/friend since she is actually a lot nicer than you.)
1. You chopped/butched your hair! (response: Oh, and you left your nice person words at home today, didn't you?)
I got a hair cut this weekend, and I love it. And I only got two comments from the list above (although I have experienced each one of them at other times). Picture soon to follow....