It's okay to cry at some things--like Lord of the Rings and the death of a loved one--but here are a few things that I wish didn't move me to tears.
10. Any (and I mean ANY) episode of VH1's "Behind the Music." It's shameful. Any story is fair game: Milli Vanilli, Vanilla Ice, Salt 'n' Peppa, I could go on.
9. Any moment of tenderness between Bart and Lisa Simpson (i.e., the episode when they go to military school and Bart cheers Lisa on as she finishes the obstacle course . . . gets me every time).
8. Those Sylvan Learning Center commercials. You know, the ones where the mom's all "Janie, time for bed" and Janie's like "in a minute," then the mom realizes that Janie is reading, and the music swells . . .
7. This picture: http://www.led-zeppelin.org/multimedia/photos/plant48.jpg
6. "Nessun Dorma" from Puccini's opera "Turandot." I am an opera fan, but, despite my two years of Italian learning in college, I don't really know what this song is about. All I know is that at the end the dude goes "vincero, vincero, vincero," which means "I will triumph," and I say to myself "yes, I WILL triumph" (tear).
5. The tearful reactions of home owners on "Trading Spaces," or any other surprise room-make-over show, for that matter. I cry when they are happy (when Vern has redone their room), and when they are sad (when Doug has turned their living room into a brown, "art-deco" theater).
4. When people don't read my blog--hahaha. I've even been known to delete my blog because of it.
3. The thought of Martha Stewart doing hard time in Camp Cupcake.
2. Memories of the 2000 election results
1. Certain episodes of "Wife Swap"