Thursday, January 6, 2005

The Quiz to end all Quizzes (really, enough is enough already).

I am taking this quiz because the enchanting Rebecca specifically asked me to. The truth is that while I pretend to be exasperated every time I get an email quiz that I am supposed to answer, then send to 10 peeps (I don't even KNOW ten peeps), I secretly like to answer the questions. Time to think about ME. That's what I love. For the record: this quiz was not an email quiz, but a blog quiz. In my estimation, that is a step up.



3 names you go by:



1. Carlsbad (by husband--not really a fan of that nickname, to be honest. Makes me feel like a cave, which I guess women symbolically are supposed to be. But cave imagery is not very slimming).

2. Sister Paul (by BYU students and other nuns in the convent).

3. Tai Tai (Chinese for "wife," which for some reason grates on my feminist nerves).



3 screen names you have:



1. Satine

2. If I were a writer, my pen name would be Sam Smith.

3. If I were an actress my screen name would be Bellissima Belladonna--now there's a bombshell name for you.



3 things you like about yourself:



1. I like my new Christmas wardrobe.

2. I like my new maybelline makeup.

3. I like how deep I am--not just interested in the outer appearance, know what I mean?



3 things you hate/dislike about yourself:



1. My leperous (a word?) skin

2. My forehead that looks like Helen Hunt's, only in a bad, mannish way (example: "you look like a manwoman, mom!")

3. My low blog self-esteem.



3 parts of your heritage:



1. Utah

2. Utah

3. Utah (and proud, dadgumit)



3 things that scare you:



1.The Mothman

2. Off-roading in a jeep (sorry, Mike. I am forever scarred by our trip to Nine Mile Canyon).

3. Telling Holden that all his sweatpants are in the washing machine and he has to wear jeans instead.



3 of your everyday essentials:



1. Makeup

2. Deoderant (Mike calls this "BO repellant." I think that is funny).

3. Chocolate



3 things you’re wearing right now:



1. Black tweed flower-shaped ponytail holder/pin

2. Wool socks

3. Bright orange rubber clogs, known in the granola world as "crocs".



3 of your favorite bands/artists (today):



1. U2

2. Dido

3. Leonardo Da Vinci (am intrigued after reading The Da Vinci Code).



3 of your favorite songs at present:



1. Big Jobs theme song

2. The City of Burning Lights (I think that's the title. It's the one on the new U2 CD in which he sings "Oh, you look so beautiful tonight" how could I NOT love that song?)

3. The Counting Crows song that says "the gentleman caller in his blue suede shoes" at the beginning.



3 new things you want to try in the next 12 months:



1. Ketchup--hahahaha, just kidding. Had you all excited, Kacy.

2. Rock climbing--no, seriously.

3. The Feingold diet (not for me, but for Holden).



3 things you want in a relationship (love is a given):



1. The perfect shopping partner--someone who will keep on going till his feet fall off. I'm talking stamina and similar interests. I don't want to spend all day at the mall looking at men's dress shirts, capice?

2. A person who thinks I am the funniest person on earth

3. Someone who always praises me, not matter what I have done. (I don't think I am asking too much, here, do you?)



2 truths and a lie:



1. I own a book called "Bobbi Brown Beauty"

2. Marcy and I have a dance routine to "Brass in Pocket" that must be performed with a feather boa.

3. My food trinity consists of ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise.



3 physical things about a love interest that appeal:



1. I'm a torso woman--I like arms and chests. A little flab is good. Think Bono in Rattle 'n' Hum.

2. I like my man tall, but not too tall. I feel embarrassed walking around with a tall man.

3. I also like hands (see Sarah Marinara). I like hands that are longer and fatter and more calloused than mine. And a tie with #3 is glasses. I like glasses a lot, unless they are the kind that get dark when you go outside or if they are gigantic circles that cover half the face. My husband owned glasses with both of these characterstics before I met him. Luckily, he wised up, or I probably wouldn't be sitting here blogging in the home we have rented together.



3 things you just can’t do:



1. Eat ketchup, mayonnaise, and mustard

2. Say the word "moist"

3. Be serious in internet quizzes or any of my blogs.



3 of your favorite hobbies:



1. Shopping for bargains and antiques

2. Building model people out of pasta (Rigatoni Daddy)

3. Blogging



3 things you want to do really badly right now:



1. Eat a big juicy steak

2. Get warm in front of a fire (my house is an ice box)

3. Figure out how to post pictures to my blog using Hello!



3 careers you’re considering:



1. Costco (for the insurance, and to be surrounded with bulk bacon, m&m's, and peanut butter all day long).

2. Nurse (Have always wanted to be one. Don't know why. Instead am an English teacher.)

3. Writer (Perhaps fiction, most likely lots more blogs published on the internet).



3 places you want to go on vacation:



1. Italy

2. Virginia (to eat at Five Guys again).

3. Tennessee (so I can finally meet Marcy's little brother and taste a hush puppy).



3 kids names (either boy or girl):

1. Hazel (still smarting after Julia Roberts stole it right out from under me)

2. Catherine (ancestor's name. I prefer the "C" spelling)

3. Nicholas (Nick is such a MANLY name)



3 things you want to do before you die:



1. Potty train my son

2. Take the train from Moscow to Beijing

3. Get Fromage to comment on my blog.



3 People who should take this quiz right now:



1. Marcy Dibbleblotts--she's the master quiz-taker

2. Kacy--to get some more blog activity from her. Gimme, gimme, gimme, I need, I need.

3. Mike--he's not a blogger, but I could really use some insight into his mystical, enigmatic personality.

4 comments:

  1. First off-Don't use "Hello." Use flickr [www.flickr.com]. Way easier, way better, and the html is really easy. Email me... I'll hook a sister up.

    Secondly, I wish I'd read what you want in a relationship... I should have said that.

    Third, "Bobbi Brown Beauty"? That's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaycee, I'll be emailing you asap. Confession: I've never known what html is, exactly. I mean, I see it everywhere, I hear it all the time. But what is it? Is it a format?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Tai Tai. I hope someday someone calls me that...but instead of translating it in my mind to "wife" I think of it as "wife wife."

    I totally have faith in you...you can get Fromage to comment. My goal was to get Cousin Neil and the Stunningly Handsome Nate Perkins to comment on my blog by the end of 2004. And they did. But only once each....subsequently resulting in even lower blog esteem. So, all I'm sayin' is...Be careful what you wish for.

    Glad that you now love "Good Time" by the Counting Crows as much as I do.

    Also, I think we know who the REAL manface around here is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. City of Blinding Lights. I also LOVE that song. Even though it's quite corny, as are many of U2's songs on the last 2 albums. Yet still I love, I love, I LOVE it all. (Except that stupid "Between a Man and a Woman" song. ugh.) "Oh! you! look! so! beautiful tonight..." Who wouldn't want Bono crooning that to her?

    ReplyDelete