After watching it on Christmas day, I learned that I have been wrong about The Sound of Music all these years:
1. Captain Von Trapp IS as handsome as everybody kept telling me.
2. That short 'do is actually quite flattering on Maria (though I'll always love Julie Andrews the most in Mary Poppins).
3. The kids really ARE delightful.
4. And so are the songs!
5. "I am Sixteen, Going on Seventeen" really ISN'T the blow to feminism that I once thought it was.
6. And had I ever sat through the whole thing to the ending, I would have discovered that the punk who sings that song ends up being a coward and a villain. Would that I had known!
7. Curtains really DO make great play outfits.
8. Nuns CAN be mischevious and fun!
9. Captain Von Trapp is REALLY, REALLY handsome!
10. Cheesy musicals really ARE where it's at!