Have just finished reading Harry Potter 4 and 5 for the second time. Am in desperate need of a new and good book to read. Here are my demands:
1. Must be fairly contemporary (spent four years in college reading--and loving--Victorian lit. Am ready to live in the now).
2. Must be so good that I wish it were a true story (like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, as well as a Prayer for Owen Meany and Till We Have Faces)
3. Must be extremely engaging and easy to get into (none of this "it starts out really slow but then picks up" stuff)
4. It must not be science fiction
5. It must not be anything by John Grisham (sorry, Heidi I have just never been able to like his writing. I like HIM, however).
6. It must not be a cheesy romance novel (I don't expect any of you to come up with one of those. You all have such great taste. But it had to be said).
7. It must not stink.
I am ready for your suggestions. I know you will come through for me.