The following are the most frequent fantasies I had in grades K-12.
10. While in line to go inside after recess, I suddenly faint. The person I have a crush on, throwing decorum to the wind, rushes to my side to be sure I am all right.
9. During a test I come down with accute appendicitis, and/or collapse with exhaustion, and am rushed to the hospital. The person I have a crush on, throwing decorum to the wind, rushes to my side and rides in the ambulance with me, alternately holding and kissing my lifeless hand.
8. I win "Student of the Year" at Grandview Elementary! (This never happened, to my bitter disappointment).
7. In order to shake things up a little, I decide to sing a solo for my 5th grade book report, to rave reviews. The person I have a crush on, in a very revealing moment, is the only person to give a standing ovation.
6. I receive a carnation on Valentines Day at Provo High--from a MALE, not from a well-meaning female friend.
5. My idea to do a Kangaroo Court for the teachers at Dixon Middle School is such a raging success that every person in the school wants to thank me personally.
4. I play the lead in the high school musical (sadly, I didn't even make it into the CHORUS of the musical I tried out for).
3. I rip the coveted Bausch and Lomb scholarship from the clutches of the Collings family, breaking their multi-generational monopoly on smartness.
2. A large bouquet of roses is delivered to me, red with embarrassment, in the middle of choir/English/biology class.
1. My foreign exchange student boyfriend--usually from Italy, yet who looks surprisingly like Rattle and Hum-era Bono--shocks the world by giving me a kiss while we are walking down Main Hall together, en route to get some seriously good fried chicken at Hardees (the fried chicken at Hardees is the only part of this fantasy that I actually experienced....and on a regular basis).