1. Some people are just mean. They don't care if it's wrong to be mean. They don't care if they reduce you to tears in the church parking lot. They don't care if they look like a demon when they squint their eyes and shake their heads at you.
2. Apparently my beloved home town of Provo is now a fantasy land full of felt flowers, freebies, and frosted cupcakes. This Provo doesn't extend farther west than BYU, and is being taken over by a small group of people who paint a picture of life that suggests everyone has their own personal professional photographer/filmmaker. Sigh. I know this is a controversial thing to say, but I don't know what's happened to the old sleepy town I grew up in. Where are my humble orchards and peculiar, salt-of-the-earth people? Where is my auto shop/Mormon art store, not to mention Norton's, D&B Woods, GRANDVIEW ELEMENTARY, and all that they embody? I know everyone means well, but what has happened to normal Provo? I guess elite Provo is replacing it.
3. Kids make horrifying messes and break things, no matter what you do, or how hard you try to prevent/avoid it.
4. Whatever happens, there will be urine to clean up.
5. I can't dance.
6. I am going to have to toughen up and crack down on people that I hate, including some children and some of the elderly.
It's been a rough couple of weeks.