Here are my resolutions for 2011:
1. Eliminate unnecessary activities/stresses in my life.
2. Do not participate in too many babysitting trades (worth it for the adorable, mild mannered 2 year old named Rocky; not worth it for three kids who always cry, get stung by bees, and fall down the stairs on my watch. Who needs that kind of hassle?)
3. Create an atmosphere of peace and calm in my home by never taking on extra responsibilities that will make me mad, stressed out, or have to do a craft.
4. Do the minimum requirements (cooking, cleaning, nurturing) really, really well by not doing anything extra.
5. Allow the gospel and my religious beliefs to be enough for my completion and happiness (because they really ARE), rather than seeking for completion and happiness in other sources that will inevitably let me down (number of blog comments).
6. Eat fruit and veg at every meal.
7. Do not keep soda in the house.
I think you may have noticed my theme for 2011: doing less and saying no. It's not that I am a super multi-tasking dynamo or anything, but I saw this National Geographic special on stress and it changed my life. I don't need my chromosomes unraveling. Happy New Year! Here's hoping we all do a lot less next year.