Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Easter!

No, I didn't take a picture of my children in matching poofy pastel dresses and light yellow sweater vests with baby blue bow ties. Nor did I blow out and dye eggs, affixing ribbons and flowers to them and creating a charming centerpiece for our Easter dinner table. I didn't "hide eggs," unless you count the two dozen or so that Mike and I put in our backyard as an afterthought. I didn't "make ham" or a bunny-shaped Easter cake. There were no signs saying "Welcome Spring!", paper mache nests filled with candy eggs, parties with children and charming bunny-shaped favors, or straw hats with ribbons. I did not even make an Easter egg banner from paint samples!

And guess what? We all lived to tell the tale of the Easter that wasn't, the year Mom dropped the ball. Of course, the things that really matter--Hershey's chocolate eggs--were in our home in abundance.

5 comments:

  1. We were in the car all day on Easter and had grilled cheese for dinner. It's a good thing Peter doesn't really know about the Easter Bunny because he didn't make a visit to our hotel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one hate it when people focus on more commercial things at Easter instead of the Hershey's chocolate eggs. In really kind of offends me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get a family shot at all. Oh well. What I regret the most is not buying more Cadbury chocolate eggs. But regret is how I'll learn. Remember, those Hershey and Cadbury eggs are alllll going on sale now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been one for Pagan worship either, unless, the Pagan's had chocolate, which I'm certain they didn't.

    ReplyDelete