10. My disfigured feet, which are resulting in a major philosophical change re: shoes. For example, I have now succumbed to the comfort-over-style theory and am feeling ashamed of the $145 purchase I just made on a pair of Danskos. They are OK, but not the 3 inch stilettos I am accustomed to. For the first time in 5 years, I feel that Stacy and Clinton would be disappointed in my shoes. That is hard to swallow.
9. My inability to keep a budget. It seems that EVERYTHING becomes an exception to the budget. "Wendy's? Well, we're out of money for the week, but this is a special occasion...."
8. The fact that I spent a whole night watching TV and eating popcorn, chocolate, and coke (not even diet) while Mike and Holden were off having an exciting camping adventure.
7. The fact that one of my students said I seemed to be stuck "in a shell." I guess I do have a teaching persona that is slightly different from my own. But, honestly, do they WANT to know me? Would they accept my blog? I don't think so.
6. My "flying eraser" antics in class the other day (when I was erasing the board, I spazzed out and the eraser went flying onto the desk. One of my students told me it was a good thing I was wearing white. It was bad. Bad. Bad. I am a spazz).
5. The fact that I suggested a student lead the class in a rendition of "head, shoulders, knees, and toes." For the record, I WAS kidding. But the student didn't think so, and stood up to get everyone going. The whole class just stared. Then I was all "it's ok, you guys don't really have to. The only person who will humiliate themselves in class this term is ME!" (said JUST after flying eraser trick). And they think I hide behind a shell!
4. The fact that I allowed myself to indulge in an entire episode of "Cheaters" on the WB. This is the clever show in which a private investigator is hired to follow unfaithful men and women and catch them cheating on their significant others. There is a big confrontation at the end. Why is this on TV? I guess for the same reason "Blind Date" is on TV. Oh, yeah, and I watched an entire episode of "Blind Date" too. What is wrong with me???? Somebody take the TV away!
3. My hair.
2. My inability to connect over-eating with weight-gaining.
1. My compulsion to buy In Style or US magazines. They are SOO stupid! The covers seem to promise so much information, but the content always disappoints. Why do I keep buying? Because this one time might be different....