1. Holden started Kindergarten with nary a skinny jean in sight. Observe:
Notice his personalized bag. Nobody's gonna be messin' with that bag. Holden wore his hat in the car, but took it off right before entering the school. When school ended and he got back in the car, the hat went back on his head. He came home, ran upstairs and changed, and did this for the rest of the day:
2. While Holden did that, Hazel did this:
And I contemplated the size of my arms in this photo:
3. Our stuff arrived from Tucson and I felt sad about all the scratches and dents on our crappy, pressed board furniture. The nicest thing we own--a second-hand dresser from Ikea--may be beyond repair.
4. While I helped unload the moving truck, I was sweating like a man, which isn't such a swell idea if you have several layers of makeup on.
5. After searching through our boxes, I still can't find my red chenille bathrobe from the Gap. I need that robe.
6. Today, after telling me that "technology these days is pretty powerful," Holden threw a fit because I practically FORCED him to eat pepperoni pizza and root beer. I am such a mean mom.
7. Despite all these ups and downs, I am happy. And you know why? Because I finally watched Flight of the Conchords and it rules.