1. To all you first-time or almost moms out there: motherhood is 5% love, 5% patience, and 90% poo-poo and pee-pee clean-up. That's what they DON'T tell you from the pulpit.
2. I have consumed an entire 1 pound box of Hostess mini crunch donuts over the course of 24 hours--well I had to do SOMETHING to offset the salads.
3. Ruby--aka Ruby Jane, RJ, Professor R.J. Lupin, Rubeus Hagrid, or RuPaul--is in the 100th percentile for weight. At 2 months and one week, she weighs 14 lbs 11 oz. She's a full-figured gal!
4. I know I'm not supposed to like Bill Clinton what with his infidelity and all. He is a bit of a sleaze ball. But I can't deny that I liked his speech at the Democratic Convention (hey, I said this post would shock you).
5. I am considering borrowing a ladder and some buckets, picking several pounds of apples, bringing them home, peeling and coring them, turning them into applesauce, then canning them and "putting them up" for the season. Since most of my canning takes place at Albertsons, this may be the biggest shock of all.