I am currently experimenting with a hiatus from the blog, you know since I just have NO TIME to blog anymore. But it seems like every time I take a step back from blogging, it keeps pulling me back in. Observe these little blog-worthy ideas that have been germinating in my head over the last little while:
1. I am really getting to be strong, because it doesn't even bother me when I am at the store and one or more of my children is crying. It used to throw me into a panic when they cried in public. Now, I just keep on shoppin' and return every dirty look I get with an even dirtier look. I think this means that I have developed a healthy callous on my soul.
2. My commitment to shoppin' is pretty intense. For example, the other day I was at Kmart and Hazel had an accident. It went through her pants, bypassed her pink cowboy boots, through the cart, and made a little puddle on the floor near the Martha Stewart flannel sheets. Unfortunately, I had no wipes or napkins to clean up the puddle, so I reported the accident and then kept right on shopping. Like a little public urination is going to come between me and my Big K!
3. Also, I am no respector of "marts." I can go to K or Wal mart quite happily.
4. However, I am getting really fed up with shelling out big money to keep up with all the incontinence in my household. Diapers, pull-ups, "sleep underwear" (read: Goodnights at one dollar per night). Hello? When is this pee and poo fest going to end? The sad thing is that when it DOES end, I will only have a small window of time before I am shelling out money to maintain MY OWN incontinent ways. I can't WAIT for middle age: the small window of time when I will be able to use my incontinence budget to buy holiday sweaters with sequin santas on them!
5. I stepped on a dead squirrel a while ago and I squealed out loud and made a big production about it. A man saw everything from his front yard and asked me if I needed help. Then I yelled good-naturedly, "no! Just stepped on a dead squirrel!" Weird.
And that's just off the top of my head!!! I think the blog world needs me.